Monday, February 22, 2010

Dinner tonight


Sausage potato soup, Olive Garden style, is what's on the menu tonight. I pulled together leftover bbq'd italian sausage, used up all my potatoes, some bouillon, onions, garlic, two cans of cream of mushroom soup, a pound of bacon and a bunch of kale. Add a salad and some buttery garlic bread and I think I've got something to serve up to the masses tonight.
The bread of coarse is a $0.99 loaf from sprouts. I also spent $0.49 on the romaine( I'll combine that with some other romaine leftover in the fridge), $0.99 on the kale, the cream of mushroom I stocked up on a couple of months ago at $0.49 per can at Target and the bacon was clearanced to $1.79. The rest is just what I had on hand, mostly basics. I also bought another pound of sausage for the soup but ended up not needing it so it sits in my freezer for a later meal. I think this will be a crowd pleaser. Steven already had a bowl, and said I had almost exactly recreated the soup from the restaurant. I think that means it's good! :)

No comments: